Major nightlife seems to revolve around three areas: Ingyedong, Yeongtong, and Nammun (Paldamun).
In Ingye-dong you will find an amazing number of hofs, bars, restaurants, hostess bars etc. There's also several Korean nightclubs such as Juliana, Boss etc.
- Club Loop. New "afterparty" club opened in 2012. Mainly electronic music (house, dance) and very large dance floor, which is packed on the weekends. Probably the most popular big club in Suwon right now, open until 10 am. Incredibly loud. Cover charge around 15 000 won.
- Crazy Duck. Cheap drinks, darts and music. Popular among westerners and students.
- Rhythm & Booze. Western style food, well stocked bar. Darts and Pool Table. This opened in 2012 and is a popular hangout for English Teachers in the area.
- Bulldog Bar. New location opened in 2012, there is one at Suwon Station also. In Ingye-dong it is on the main strip near Home Plus.
Nammun is big among the university students of Suwon. It has a fashion street and the majority of nightlife is centered on Rodeo Street which is behind the main street to the left of Nammun Gate.
- 911 Club. Famous for "drunken" tequila parties that it holds on Friday and Saturday night. It's a relaxed hip hop club with a bit of skate style.
- Rodeo nightclub
- The Big Chill (Big Chill), Namun Suwon Gyeonggido South Korea (Namun, Rodeo Gil (St.) - 중동사거리 directly in front of Hotel Central/Central Hotel on the 3rd floor, Suwon, South Korea), A really great bar that attracts plenty of foreigners and Koreans alike. A GREAT atmosphere and staff. Pool table, darts, cheap drinks, and great company. Request your own music and chill with friends. It's also close to all of the other big areas to party such as Suwon Station and downtown Ingye-dong.
Other areas that offer some nightlife options include the Ajou University area and the Suwon Station area. Where you will find
- Bulldog Bar. Suwon Station and Ingyedong (Suwon Station: near Exit 1). A popular spot in Suwon because of the close friendly staff who create a good atmosphere and fireshows! Cheap beers on draft, pool table and darts.
- Plan B, currently the most popular place among Ajou students, Aju-ro, Woncheon-dong.
- Club Tao, large Korean-style dance club, near Suwon Station.
- Team Bar, near Suwon Station. Does bar shows.
- S bar, near Suwon Station.
- Ho rock, near Suwon Station. Good food(pasta, steak, etc...), wine, and cocktails.
- Sam Ryan's Sports Bar& Grill, (Near Suwon Station, walk up Soju Alley opposite the station and it is on the left - you do have to walk a bit). The Suwon branch of the popular Itaewon bar, opened Dec. 16, 2011. Many beers on tap, good food, and plenty of sports on the big screen.
Yeongtong is the one of the major concentration of foreigners in Suwon city. Most of them are employees of Samsung Co. and the second dominant group are the English teachers.
- Now Bar, near the Kinex cinema, on the second floor. Popular hangout for expat English teachers and foreign students because of its cheap beer, fun atmosphere and friendly owner and staff.
Article: Copyright©2015 http://korea.wikia.com/wiki/Suwon All Rights Reserved.
Photos: Copyright©2015 https://www.flickr.com/photos/thelookoflove/4530704034/ All Rights Reserved.
Copyright©2014 http://blog.naver.com/kodcc3/220199016743 All Rights Reserved.
Copyright©2014 http://blog.naver.com/whdgkqkqh/140209665032 All Rights Reserved.
Copyright©2015 http://s22.photobucket.com/user/Panda9782/media/Korea%20Random/SuwonStation4.jpg.html All Rights Reserved.