|Angel House Orphanage|
|Hello Volunteers in Korea,Are you looking for ways to donate your time to a wonderful cause in Korea?Join us at Angel House (AH) and help us help you make volunteering in Korea an exciting experience!|
|2016-03-30 byTae Kim 1017Hits 0Reviews 0Like|
| Hello Volunteers in Korea,|
Are you looking for ways to donate your time to a wonderful cause in Korea?
Join us at Angel House (AH) and help us help you make volunteering in Korea an exciting experience!
JOIN our Facebook group, forward this even to your friends, spread the word.
!#####PLEASE RSVP "Attending" IF YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN COME! PLEASE TAKE YOUR COMMITMENT TO THIS SERIOUSLY.
What is Angel House? Why are we helping Angel House?
Please read this article to know more about Angel House.
A warm welcome to all AH volunteers again and the first time volunteers! (April 1st ,2016 )- 연신내역 (line3 / vine6) -it's an orange line on the map- at Exit-3 at 1:30 PM
We will meet INSIDE Yeonsinnae subway station 연신내역 (line3 / line6) near Exit-3 at 1:30 PM on the FIRST Saturday of every month.We will leave Yeounsinnae station, Line 3- Exit 3 when all volunteers arrive. We will then take the Bus 703 / 330 to the direction of 고양시장 (Goyang market) It will take about 20mins. We then transfer to the mini bus 54 at 고양시장 (Goyang market) and we need to get off at - Chon-Sa-We-Jib (천사의집), Angel house.
We ask for a 10,000 won donation fee to cover the cost of food for the day. You can give it to Korean volunteer leader, Jung Won Jang. And some of us will cook at AH or order some food for dinner with the residents. The remainder of the money will be donated to the Angel House for the residents!
Once you have decided to volunteer at AH, please click "attending" on the event and contact one of our organizers!
All volunteers (old or new) must give phone numbers each vist for the Resident’s safety and security.
**Your contact information will be kept confidential.
The easiest way to contact us is through Facebook.
Please get in touch with us .We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.Please contact us if you are late on the day we are volunteering!
Please forward your inquiries and contact information to:
Angel House Organizer
Our group page is..
**Angel house address:(천사의 집)
Telephone: (82)031-963-6506 / (82)031-963-8708 FAX (82) 031-963-8708
(고양시 덕양구 고양동 421-1번지)
What does a regular visit to AH looks like?
When we arrive at AH, we will gather for a quick introduction then break down into smaller groups to begin our work!
The Angel House has about 60 residence with disabilities.
We will divide into the following 5 groups:
Groups #1 and #2 are responsible for cleaning the facilities(upstairs, downstairs, bathrooms and stair cases)
Group #3 is doing laundry
Group #4 is cooking food
Group #5 will be joining the residence in assembling various objects/supplies.
We will be needing additional volunteers for a 6th group to help with dishes after dinner.
When our duties are complete, we hang out and mingle with the residence.
We go for walks with some residents, push the wheelchairs, and talk to them.We just want them to smile, walk, and play. We take them out into the garden as well.
*Dinner will be at 5pm.
Some of us feed kids who needs help eating before dinner time. We all help serve dinner first and then volunteers will have dinner together after.
We dedicate about an hour after dinner for some recreational time with the residents.
We will prepare to leave AH together around 7pm. It is fine if you need to leave before then.
Post volunteering, we extend an invitation to all volunteers to join us for some light beverages - it'll be a great opportunity to meet new people and debrief about your day's experience!
Things volunteers should know!
1.#####PLEASE RSVP YES IF YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN COME! PLEASE TAKE YOUR COMMITMENT TO THIS SERIOUSLY. If you CANNOT make it to the event , please let us know before
*April 1st,2016 . (Friday) .
We MUST report the volunteer list to the Korean volunteer leaders of Angel House.
2.With our numbers comes noise. There has been a few complaints that we have been a little loud on the buses over to the Angel House. It’s not a big problem. Please just try to keep noise to a minimum. Let’s save our energy for those at the Angel House. Thanks for your understanding.
3. Volunteers need to be comfortably and appropriately dressed depending on the weather. Remember we will be responsible for cleaning the facilities, doing laundry, cooking food,doing the dishes after dinner and basic personal hygiene for the residents. (You can bring some comfortable clothes and change at Angel House if you want)
4. Each person must donate 10,000 won to cover the cost of food for the day. We will cook food there and eat with the residents. The remainder of the money will be donated to the Angel House for the residents.
5. Volunteers should have lunch before volunteering because we usually have dinner around 5pm. There is no supermarket or restaurant near Angel House.
6. If volunteers have had a late night and came hung over, this can make it difficult for the work to be successful. Remember this is reflected on our volunteer status- we want your experience to be enjoyable- hangovers certainly don't help with that!
7. Some kids at Angel House should not eat certain type of food. So, please ask us before you want to give them anything.
8. Volunteers can go out for a smoke but do not smoke in the yard.
9. Please join the group page for updates on events and other useful information about the group and how we work.
10. Please do not promote religious causes to other volunteers!
11. Please enjoy yourself! Please spend some time talking and playing with the residents. They like to talk (some residents can’t talk well but they still want to talk) and then see what you can do for them. They also like to take pictures with you. There are plenty of opportunities to learn LOVE out there! Have fun!………………………
Thanks for all your help at Angel House over the past years. It has been amazing to see so many people make it every month. I hope this continues. We have learnt that volunteering is a brilliant way to get life experience! It’s better to give than to receive.I have also learnt that people with disabilities are not disabled, they are just differently abled and that we need to give them the same respect we would like to receive.
If you would like to be involved in an awesome, perhaps life-changing meaningful weekend, please join us!
About Angel House on newspapers!
|0 Reviews||Scored 0 pts|